Hello and happy Friday! Hopefully you are looking forward to the weekend? I know I am. But before the weekend gets started grab a cuppa, get comfy and meet the thoroughly lovely Emily lead designer and founder of the wonderful stationary company Letters from Emily
Not only does Emily have a beautiful website, Emily also has a gorgeous Esty shop stocked full of stationery goodies – take a look here
So without my further ado, tell us a little bit about yourself and your company
I am Emily and I run Letters From Emily. I started designing wedding stationery about 2 years ago and I am a graphic designer. I specialise in bespoke designs and hand illustration.
What do weddings mean to you?
I think weddings should be whatever the couple wants, what anyone wants, they should be a true reflection of who you are and should be fun. Weddings should encompass a couples love for each other and everything that they hold dear.
As a professional in your field what are your 5 top tips to couples?
- Explore bespoke! It can be more affordable than you think. Definitely do some research here!
- Yes, of course planning a wedding can be stressful. It would be weird if it wasn’t, its a massive day in your life and it involves families and money. But the planning was such a fun part for me, and you can enjoy so much of it. Recognise the areas that could be stressful and try to plan ahead. Trying to do the invitation list or seating plan after a stressful day at work will probably end in tears.
- Don’t try to please everyone else!
- Get as much help as possible on the day, assign ushers, give trusted friends a job to do. I’ve seen grooms almost passing out from running about trying to do everything themselves. How will that be a day to remember?
- Try not to stress if things don’t go to plan. I had a doughnut cake for my wedding and people started tucking into it before they had even had their starters. It really didn’t matter and I still had one of the best day ever!
What are couple’s main questions and concerns when they approach you?
Budget, the process and what they might actually need in terms of stationery are usually the first things that come up.
What’s been the highlight of your career so far?
I love creating bespoke stationery. Adding those personal elements is so much fun and I’m happy to be able to help a couple express who they are through their invitations. However I have just designed my first invitations on seeded paper, so the invites are plantable!
What would you love to see more of in the wedding industry?
I think representing diversity within the wedding industry should just become standard, and not even a “thing” that is highlighted. Personally I am trying to promote the idea of eco and ethical weddings. I really want people to realise that making eco choices doesn’t mean compromising on their theme or style. We have to be kind to our planet to be kind to ourselves.
5 things you’re loving in life at the moment?
The prospect of summer, The Durells, Etsy markets (I am an Etsy team captain), Hastings Pirate day (look it up), anything pink
Emily can be reached on
And not forgetting you can always email Emily: Emily@lettersfromemily.com